Sunday, June 20, 2004

What do you want to do on Father's Day?

This question was asked of me, after I'd spent much of the day in forced lounging waiting for my Father's Day breakfast. I had been watching the TV, flipping back and forth between Robin Williams on In the Actors Studio, which had me ROTFL, and The Lance Chronicles, which is a serious cycling psych-up.

I really like spending time with my boys, and I've made it a priority. Lately we've played soccer (Dad as the AYSO coach), hiked, goofed around, and done lots of movies as the full family with Mom. There is plenty of more Father-Sons time in the plans for the Summer: working on our soccer skills, riding bicycles, learning computer skills and programming, and BS'ing.

So while some fathers may feel compelled to do something special with their sons and daughters on Father's Day, I've been so blessed with quality time with my boys that I went the opposite direction, and went for a bike ride.

Log: 1:43 over 25 miles of rolling roads. Stood up and worked some of the short hills. Passed like I was standing still up a long hill by one tired road rider. Thought about how much easier it would be if I was 30 lbs lighter. My rear wheel still wobbles, it may have become my mascot (on a temporary basis).

Oh, yes. I rec'd a digital camera for Father's Day, so pictures should be coming, down the line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home