Sunday, June 27, 2004

Just like Lance Armstrong...

When he bonked on Stage 16 of the 2000 Tour de France (forget the Alamo: remember Col de Joux-Plane!)

[OK, maybe not: even when Lance has bonked, few could keep his wheel.]

I finally got myself back out on the road after a busy week of somewhat unusual events. If I am to be truthful with myself, however, I will admit there is no hope of getting fit when 5 or 6 or 7 days pass between workouts. Consistency, not sheer effort, has been my achilles heel over the last few years. "Everyday" needs to be my watch word.

Log: 18 miles rolling hills [the now named: Saratoga-Quito Center Loop], about 1:17. It was pretty warm, and my mouth was dry by the time I rolled out onto the road. Coming home over the last rises I was pretty weak.

The Tour de France starts in 6 days. I am routing for a great race, one that requires a true champion to rise to the ocassion [Go Lance!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home