Sunday, July 04, 2004

It was strangely quiet

Fell asleep trying to watch TdF Stage 1. Le Tour gets more exciting as the days roll on, the race is too long for Stage 1 heroics.

Today, on this day of fireworks in America, the streets of my normal quick cycling route were quiet, but I was joined by cyclists. I started out dehyrdated and when you start like that on a hot day, things do not improve.

The ride was nice though. A fast cyclist passed me, chatting as he flew by; a gal cyclist passed me later, and another guy on a Look, hammered past. A few riders pulled out ahead of me on the road, but the gap between us widened. My cycling memories are of closing the gaps on people ahead of me, but that requires a fitness which has been foreclosed on. I have to pay to get it out of hock.

Log: 17 miles over 1:10 on rolling roads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home